$2,500 Sign on Bonus for External Candidates!!
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We’re also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who are eager to bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. Join us and you’ll discover a chance to build meaningful relationships with the patients, their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
This is a part time per assessment field position covering Dakota County, MN
10 hours a week - flexible schedule, any day between 8am-8pm
- Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members, including past medical history, review of symptoms, physical examination, medication review and depression screening
- Responsible for checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that includes monofilament test, urine dipstick and foot exam (as appropriate)
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication and compliance
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
Since this position involves in-home visits, the ability to work autonomously and extensive travel will be required. You should also be comfortable working with geriatric patients who have a variety of health complications.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unencumbered license to practice nursing in the assigned state
- Nurse Practitioner Certification from either the ANCC, AANP or AACN as Adult, Geriatric or Family
- 1+ year of clinical experience in highest level of education OR 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure/prescriptive authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Ability to spend at least 1 hour with a member in their home, which may be in understaffed or remote areas, in the presence of pets or individuals who are tobacco users
- Ability to lift a 30 pound bag in and out of car and to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Youwill be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) andare required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this isan essential function of this role.
- Employeesare required toscreen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similarUnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work siteeach day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with anystate and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Groupbuilding, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physicaldistancing cannot be attained.
- Experience in Gerontology, Cardiology, Internal Medicine or Endocrinology
- Home care or home visit experience
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate with seniors and their families
- Computer literate and able to navigate the internet
Transforming health care and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, Per Assessment, House Calls, Dakota County, Minnesota, MN