Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Nurse Practitioner, Infectious Diseases - Georgetown University Medical Center
The Nurse Practitioner will provide clinical and research services to clinical trial subjects participating in Infectious Diseases studies under the supervision and direction of Dr. Princy Kumar. The Nurse Practitioner must be able to manage and coordinate complex COVID-19 studies in accordance with established protocols and guidelines. This position responsible for monitoring and screening patients and administering investigational therapies for all clinical trials. The incumbent should exhibit a high level of clinical skills and the ability to make decisions in response to unique clinical situations. The Nurse Practitioner will work directly with clinical trial subjects and will have duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Provide professional nursing care for patients following established standards and practices, perform examinations, order and interpret diagnostic test, provide counseling and education, administer drugs and write prescriptions.
- Carry out phlebotomy and infusion duties.
- Complete all study related documentation and ensure that standard clinical procedures and protocol regulations are met.
- Must be able to answer complex questions functioning as an expert resource for clinical trial patients and study nurses.
- Responsible for implementation of new protocols and ensuring that regulatory requirements are met.
These functions are performed in accordance with Georgetown University Medical Center’s philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
The Nurse Practitioner will work directly with the Division Chief, Clinical Trial Principal Investigators, ID faculty and staff, and the Clinical Trial Unit research nurses and staff. This position will interact with the Georgetown Clinical Trial Office, Pharmacy, CRC, and Pharma representatives. The individual in this position must possess excellent clinical skills and function autonomously, collaborate with physicians, health team members, sponsors, patients and family members. Must possess the ability to remain calm and perform effectively in emergency situations. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively; ability to work under pressure and respond to multiple demands; and must be sensitive to confidential nature of the job.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practices to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care.
- Must have a Master’s Degree with 3 years minimum experience in clinical research, and/or public health research.
- One year of previous outpatient experience is desirable.
- Current certification and registrations with appropriate governmental agencies.
- Experience in research protocols and quality assurance.
- Experience in a University Medical setting is helpful.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to a myriad of issues related to HIV infection and COVID-19 is critical.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations is preferred.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.