UWorld, a market leader in board review products for nursing and medical students, is seeking practicing nurse practitioners (NPs) to write and edit content for a new line of Web-based products geared specifically for NPs. NP content developers will collaborate with a team of health care professionals, subject matter experts, editors, and illustrators to produce high-quality content preparing NP students for the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) certifying exams.
Ideal candidates will follow a schedule that provides a constant balance of clinical and nonclinical work. NP content developers will update their medical expertise while educating tomorrow's NPs via our innovative and interactive platform. Candidates will partner with some of the brightest minds in education and become a part of UWorld's success story.
If you are looking for a company that is passionate about clinical education and provides growth opportunity with a good work/life balance, UWorld is right for you.
NP content developers will work part-time in a hospital-based or outpatient practice and the remainder of the time at our corporate office in Dallas, Texas on a mutually agreed-upon schedule (typically ~25%–40% clinical and ~60%–75% nonclinical).
- FNP-BC in active clinical practice
- High scores on the AANP or AANC
- Prior experience in writing board-style questions, tutoring NP students, or working in an academic institution preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, superior medical knowledge, and passion for training future NPs
- Develop original content for the UWorld question banks, including writing clinical vignettes and/or comprehensive explanations that follow the UWorld style and are based on examination blueprints and high-yield clinical scenarios
- Review and revise content written by other team members, providing, and receiving feedback with tact and diplomacy, with a focus on accuracy, precision, readability, and educational value
- Work with medical illustration team to create original high-yield images and figures highlighting important medical concepts or disease processes
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, editors, illustrators, IT/customer support professionals, and others to produce content, improve processes, develop new features, and respond to user feedback
- Manage time effectively while multitasking and contributing to a collaborative work environment
- Complete other tasks as requested
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation (contingent on experience)
- Paid time off (based on sliding scale according to hire date and work hours)
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental, life, disability)
- 401(k) plan for retirement with 4% employer matching (eligibility after 90 days of employment)
- On-site group fitness classes & relaxed work environment
At UWorld, we believe strength is derived from the talents, ideas, and experiences of a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class. UWorld is proud to be an equal opportunity employer providing a drug-free workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.