The Nurse Practitioner participates as a member of the PACE Interdisciplinary Team in the planning, implementation and evaluation of care plans that meet the objectives, standards and policies of the PACE model of care. The Nurse Practitioner collaborates with the Medical Doctors at the site to provide comprehensive primary care to the participants. This position is location in Methuen and Lowell. It is full time, Monday thru Friday, 8am to 4pm.
- Conducts initial examinations of all new participant and quarterly examinations thereafter, for the first year of enrollment.
- Evaluates participants for episodic visits, acute illnesses and follow-ups of hospitalizations.
- Makes nursing home visits in accordance with the state nursing home requirements and as needed.
- Makes home visits as needed acutely or in chronic situations when participants are home bound.
- Participates in the After Hours On-Call Coverage.
- Provides appropriate health care teaching to patients, their families and caregivers, as well as to other members of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Adheres to the standards set forth in the Element Care NP/MD Collaborative Practice Guide.
- Completes appropriate, accurate, timely documentation, onsite and offsite.
- Ensures that duties are accomplished in a fiscally responsible manner adhering to established budgetary constraints.
- Ensures that all interactions with clients are conducted in a manner that adheres to the highest standards of care for all Element Care clients.
- Frequent local travel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred.
- Master of Science Degree in Nursing (MSN).
- Current Board Certification as a Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts and DEA Prescription Privileges.
- Credentialed for the Element Care affiliate Long Term Care Facilities.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Minimum of one (1) year working with a geriatric population.
- Ability to convey information clearly and succinctly with all employees, so that relevant information is communicated appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to lead independently and to be able to work well with others.
- Ability to work within a team concept and to be considerate of co-workers and colleagues.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, to be a self-starter, and to complete tasks on time.
- Ability to be able to quickly recognize situations/problems before they become acute, and to be able to implement effective solutions and understand consequences.