Reports To:Chief Medical Officer
Department: Multiple Business Units
TheNurse Practitioner is responsible for meeting, assessing, and diagnosing patients in a clinic setting and providing them with exceptional healthcare services that meet state and national standards for caregiving.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines of Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill perioperative patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient's age-specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalitiesother forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy or related therapeutic procedures.
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability, including but not limited to serving in the first assisting role.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Facilitates the patient's transition within and between health care settings, e.g. Admitting, transferring, and discharging patients. Transitional Care Management.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
- Able to practice independently and excellent written and verbal communication skills
Skills & Qualifications:
- Required National Certification from accredited United States medical school.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Primary Care Nurse Practitioner role.
- Experience providing primary care and diagnostic services in a clinical setting.
- Current National Certification and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Certification required.
- Ability to practice independently.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual is desired.
- HCC or RAF knowledge is desired.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Frequently required to sit or stand for periods of time or bend, stretch or stoop
- Frequently able to use all types of vision, such as close vision or computer vision
- Generally in an indoor setting
- Frequent use of a computer
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, and extended hours as business dictates
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to heat or cold temperatures.