We areseeking a Nurse Practitioner to join ourteam!The Nurse Practitioner shall be a Registered Nurse duly licensed to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse in the state of Colorado. It is preferred that the Nurse Practitioner has had professional in home care experience. This position has an emphasis on transitional care and the acclimation of the patient to a safe post-acute environment, requiring attention to detail and strong communication with the patient and the caregivers.
The Nurse Practitioner shall be a Registered Nurse duly licensed to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse in the state ofColorado under the provisions of theColorado State Board of Nurse Examiners and accreditation from an approved certifying body for advanced practice nursing (American Academy of Nurse Practitioners or American Nurse Credentialing Center). It is preferred that the Nurse Practitioner has had professional in home care experience. This position has an emphasis on palliative and end of life care, requiring attention to detail and strong communication with the patient and the caregivers.
The primary objective of the Nurse Practitioner is to assist in oversight of the clinical care and treatment of patients served by Aviant Healthcare, and to consult and cooperate with the patients' primary care physicians, in collaboration with the Medical Director. The Nurse Practitioner works in conjunction with the Medical Director and any other members of the delivery team to:
- Provide clinical care and management to the patient to meet their medical needs within a reasonable timeframe in accordance with patient's needs.
- Serves as an extension to the patient's primary care physician ensuring that the plan of care is implemented as successfully as possible to promote the patient's success and safety in their environment.
- Provide direct medical care as needed to patients, ensuring collaboration and coordination with the primary care physician and other providers in the care of the patient seeking opportunities for improvement both in terms of outcomes and efficiencies.
- Assists in development of plan of care for each patient/caregivers and assures the quality of comprehensive plans of care with other members of the care delivery.
- Reviews the quality of symptom management and modifies plan as needed.
- Communicates effectively, timely, and appropriately at all times.
- Adheres to company policy regarding protected health information.
- Assures the accuracy and timeliness of documentation in compliance with CPT codes, including bills and clinical notes.
- Practice a high level of ethics and professional standards and be responsible for knowing and adhering to Company policies and procedures.
- Follows and adheres to all federal, state and accrediting nursing standards and practices
- Be capable of using Electronic Medical Records.
- Represents values and mission of Aviant Healthcare within the professional and lay community.
- Other duties as assigned by Aviant Healthcare administrative staff and Medical Director.
May require sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time. Driving/travel required. May require lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.