This position is responsible for providing clinical leadership and expertise in the delivery of patient care for critically ill patients that require care in the Intensive Care Unit. Responsibilities include direct clinical services for the critically ill adult patients with multi-system failure, within institutional guidelines and utilizing evidence-based clinical practice standards under the supervision of the Critical Care Medicine physicians. This position will also assist with the educational development of the staff related to critical caremedicine. The position will assist in maintaining hospital compliance with regulatory standards, benchmarking programs and performance improvement initiatives. This position will also assist with the case management of critical care patients to maintain strict adherence to quality andcost controls.
Requires strong working knowledge of performance improvement tools and methodologies, and effective analytical, organizational, and communication skills with ability to direct projects and assist with team building.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of MemorialCare-Saddleback Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with the core values. The employee shall support MemorialCare-Saddleback Medical Center�s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the performance improvement plan
- Three to five years� experience as a Registered Nurse in a mixed specialty intensive care unit setting that includes cardiac and neurosurgery
- Experienced NP with cardiac and neuro surgery preferred
- Experience in quality improvement theory, change theory, adult learning principles, and team building
- Knowledgeable of current research and strength in translating research into everyday practice
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to relate to a variety of professionals in the Intensive Care Unit setting
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Valid California License as a Registered Nurse
- Certification by the State of California, Board of Registered Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner
- Certification by a National Organization/Association as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- A current certification from the American Heart Association in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- A current certification from the Neurocritical Care Society in Emergency Neurological Life Support (ENLS)
- A current certification in the National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS)
- A current certification in Cardiac Surgery Advanced Life support (CALS)
- Furnishing License (in order to prescribe independently)
- Current DEA License (if applicable)
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage as required by the Medical Staff Bylaws.