Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Women's Health job in Portsmouth, Virginia.
Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Women's Healthis a civilian position within the Naval Medical Center Portsmouth system, which provides services to active duty service members, military retirees, and their families. Civilian and military personnel work together in the hospitals and clinics.
It is a wonderful opportunity to work in a fantastic medical system serving an inspiring patient population.
- Any U.S. state license honored
- Monday-Friday days
Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Women's Healthposition overview:
- Assessment and management of health care of women throughout the life cycle.
- Health, psychosocial, OB/GYN history and physical examination.
- Prenatal care of the uncomplicated obstetric patient.
- Consultation with other specialists, clinics or health resources as indicated.
- Ordering of routine screening laboratory tests and radiographic procedures.
- Prescription of contraceptive agents excluding subcutaneous implanted progestin devices and cervical caps.
- Assessment and treatment of patients with acute episodic illness and consultation with appropriate medical officer when needed.
- Development of health promotion and maintenance plans, including disease prevention, health education and counseling.
- Assessment and treatment of patients with minor gynecological problems and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Treatment of male partners of OB/GYN patients treated for sexually transmitted diseases.
- Obtain patient health and developmental history.
- Perform and record a health appraisal including physical assessment and evaluation.
- Differentiate between normal findings and those that require consultation and/or referral.
- Request x-rays and laboratory tests as deemed necessary.
- Analyze the results of the health care plan, modify the health care plan as needed, and implement and participate in follow-up.
Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Women's Healthposition qualifications:
- Master's, Post-Masters or Doctorate Degree from an advanced practice/nurse practitioner nursing program accredited by ACEN or CCNE
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
Certification as an OB/GYN NP or Women's Health Care NP by the NCC for the Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing Specialties
License: registered nurse and nurse practitioner in any U.S. state. Active, current, unrestricted.
Clinical competency within the past 2 years. References attesting to competency from physicians and peers requirements.
FSR provides healthcare professionals to government healthcare facilities supporting active military service members, retirees, and their families nationwide. Since 2004, FSR has matched talented individuals to organizations to create mutually beneficial, sustainable partnerships. FSR is a well-established, award winning organization built with committed professionals who have a unified vision of helping others to succeed and thrive.
We invite you to join our team and grow with us!
FSR is a woman-owned, minority, small business based out of Maryland.
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is anEqual Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.