Community healthcare is highly rewarding and very attractive for the right medical professionals. Come join a dynamic care team at LifeLong Medical Care. We are looking for a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. Under the general supervision of the Associate Medical Director, the NP/PA provide general medical services in a Community Health Clinic setting. Duties include taking patient histories, performing examinations, making assessments and ordering lab work at our West Berkeley Health Center.
As a Federally Qualified Health Center in Northern California with over 42 years of dedicated service to the community, LifeLong serves over 60,000 patients in socio-economically underserved regions of the East Bay Area. We provide medical, dental, behavioral health, and school-based services at 16 primary care sites across Oakland, Berkeley and west Contra Costa County. From opening a residential respite program for homeless persons discharged from hospital, to offering free COVID testing to the community, we are innovative and respond to the social and medical needs of our times. We offer an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity and with which our patients can identify. To this end we seek candidates who reflect the diversity of the East Bay communities we serve.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits: medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, dependent and domestic partner coverage, 403(b) retirement savings plan and loan repayment programs. LifeLong is a qualified site for federal and state loan repayment programs (HPSA score is 19). Acceptance rate may vary year to year based on funding levels and number of applicants.
We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
LifeLong Medical Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Provides preventive and primary health services in a Family Practice Community Health Clinic setting.
- Acts as advocate for clients.
- Consults with other health team members including case managers.
- Maintains client records necessary for clinic reporting and billing.
- Performs history and physical examinations of patients, assess clinical status of patients, and establishes and maintains medical records.
- Orders and/or performs laboratory and screening tests; request outside consultations and evaluations as needed.
- Plans a program of care and formulates problem lists based on clinical findings; recommend treatment and medication; provide follow-up care.
- Provides education, verbal and written, as well as counseling to patients, families, and caregivers.
- Recognizes and evaluates situations which call for immediate attention of a physician and institute, when necessary, treatment procedures essential for the life of the patient.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interest in working in a community based organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with individuals from a wide range of ages, socio-economic, ethnic, racial backgrounds, and disabilities.
- Ability to work well independently under minimum supervision.
Education and Experience:
- Current California Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant's certification.
- Experience in the delivery of health care in a Family Practice setting.
- Community health clinic background preferred.
- Bilingual – Spanish