Franciscan Digestive Care Associates is a premier & well respected group of 20+ physicians and advanced practice providers in the Pacific Northwest. We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our team as part of the Franciscan Health System. We pride ourselves in practicing high quality, evidence based, and patient centered medicine. We have a strong culture of collegiality and team approach to decision making. We have also created a unique, efficient and highly desirable work model. In our ongoing effort to expand our exceptional care to regions in the South Puget Sound, we are looking for a well-trained, collegial, caring PA/ARNP who is motivated to provide the best possible patient care to join our highly acclaimed group.
- Perform physical examinations, record medical histories, and formulate accurate diagnoses under physicians and Medical Directors supervision. Review patient records. Establish presumptive diagnosis.
- Effectively develop and implement patient care treatment plans.
- Consult with physician(s) when warranted to assess patient condition and treatment.
- Ensure that medical charts, patient billing and related administrative duties are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that same day care is available to patients with acute illness or minor injuries.
- Participate in the development and implementation of clinic policies and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of medical procedures and treatment, including participating in professional development activities and maintaining professional affiliations.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as assigned.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
- Provides patient education. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Perform similar and incidental duties as assigned and complete them in a timely manner.
- Uses Universal Precautions including personal protective equipment for anticipated contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials.
- At least one year of Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant experience required in Gastroenterology or Internal Medicine or related medical specialty.
- National certification required.
- CPR certification.
- Active Washington State license prior to start