Job Number: 182697
Department: VM Federal Way - Gynecology
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Gynecology - Federal Way and downtown Seattle
This position will work 4 days per week in Federal Way and one day per week in downtown.
With numerous awards and distinctions, including our recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason has transformed health care through our innovations in patient safety and our ability to provide patients in our community with easier access to our high-quality care. Consisting of a 336-bed hospital in Seattle, WA, and an extensive network of primary and specialty care clinics throughout the Puget Sound region, joining Virginia Mason is an exceptional opportunity to partner with nationally recognized physicians and peers, and an organization recognized as the benchmark for health care.
As a member of our team, you will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach to collaborative medicine. You will also help to further our commitment to continuous improvement through our Virginia Mason Production System, and our philosophy of empowering you to facilitate real change in the delivery of care. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - your patients.
This position provides high quality primary care to promote the enhancement of health and prevention of illness. Responsibilities include but are not limited to performing routine physical exams, as well as educate and counsels the patient; consult by telephone with patients' other health care providers and participate in quality assurance activities.
- Washington State Registered Nurse License and an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner License are required for this job.
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and National Provider Identifier (NPI) numbers may be required depending on the position, as well as prescriptive authority.
- Advanced background in nursing; an understanding of anatomy, physiology, histology, and pharmacology; and strong interpersonal and counseling skills.
- Certification by specialty area as well as work experience in specialty area may be required, depending on the position.
- This position requires Certification as a Physician Assistant with prescriptive authority in the State of Washington.
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable cities in the country, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.