Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APP's that are provided to our physician providers.
- 233 bed, acute care hospital - part of Eastern Connecticut Health Network
- Established team of 18 physicians, 1 advanced practitioner, and a clinical performance nurse
- Hospitalists run codes except those that occur in the ED
- Open ICU
- Schedule: Swing shift, Monday-Friday
- Access SoundInstitute learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Connecticut; will consider Family Practice or Geriatric certification with recent acute care experience; not open to new grads - ideally looking for a candidate with recent acute care experience
Location & Lifestyle
Hartford is home to many diverse and historic neighborhoods. Downtown is filled with a number of museums and historical shops and also houses the State Capitol and central business district. The communities surrounding downtown are filled with parks and Universities, one of with being Trinity College, which is one of the nations oldest institutions of higher learning. Connecticut offers 42 higher education institutions, a host of historical and cultural amenities, quality health care and a diverse natural environment from the peak of Bear Mountain to the 1,065 miles of coastal shoreline, which includes all saltwater-influenced watercourses.