A Collegial Practice That Works For You
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APP's that are provided to our physician providers.
- 375-bed community hospital affiliated with Montefiore Health System and academically affiliated with Touro Osteopathic School of Medicine
- Team with 14 physicians, 2 APPs, a program manager, and clinical performance nurses
- No procedures required
- Intensivists run codes; co-managed ICU
- No call
- 7 on/7 off; 7A-7P
- Access SoundInstitute learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in New York; acute care nurse practitioner preferred, but will accept FNP with substantial hospitalist experience
Location & Lifestyle
The hospital is located along the Hudson River and offers easy access to both Upstate New York and the New York City metro area. Nyacks unique location provides physicians with the opportunity to live in this quaint town or closer to the city, for a more urban environment. The hospital is a long-standing employer in Nyack and supports the local community through employee engagement and sponsorships.