Organization: Adventist Health Lodi Memorial
Primary Location: United States-California-Lodi
Job Posting: Feb 5, 2020, 11:44:21 PM
Shift: Day Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Nurse Practitioner (Outpatient) who:
Maintains responsibility for providing expert clinical care in general or specialty areas. Assesses, plans and provides patient care in collaboration with the attending physician. Provides comprehensive health assessments, performs medical diagnosis of acute and chronic illnesses, writes prescriptions and formulates treatment plans. Diagnoses medical conditions, plans and implements interventions. Assists in medical/surgical care of patients and evaluates responses in collaboration with the attending/consulting physicians.
- Interviews patients, employees and/or family members. Constructs comprehensive medical histories. Performs initial and periodic physical examinations. Evaluates patient behavior and explores patient's interpretation of health needs. Works under the scope of practice of a nurse practitioner and as an agent of the physician. Provides appropriate patient education. Explains the diagnosis, treatment and prognosis. Secures appropriate informed consent for procedures. Instructs patients about health maintenance and preventive care. Provides patient education handouts. Makes referrals to health education classes when available. Provides continuity of care. Directly performs or orders appropriate diagnostic studies and interprets finished results.
- Provides continuity of care including discussing the completion of treatment plans and administration of medications and injections. Follows-up on acute and chronic problems and significant abnormal tests.
- Oversees the maintenance of adequate, concise, legible and up-to-date documentation of patient care. Makes note of problem medical, medication and discharge records, drug allergies, lab orders, subjective and objective data, diagnostic procedures, patient education and treatment. Provides treatment of patients as needed, including administering medications and/or vaccines and performing procedures. Works under the scope of practice of a nurse practitioner and as an agent of the physician. Writes orders to increase, decrease, or change medication (subject to checking and medical consultation as indicated).
- Uses cost-containment measures which include, but are not limited to, prescribing only clinically necessary medications, prescribing generic medications when appropriate, making only clinically necessary referrals and ordering only clinically necessary diagnostic procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree: Preferred
- Two years relevant clinical experience: Preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) licensure in state of practice: Required
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of practice: Required