DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Primarily working Monday-Friday 7AM-5PM
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
More than fifty million Americans will experience a disorder of the brain or nervous system this year. Common disorders include stroke, brain tumors, memory disorders, sleep disorders, movement disorders, chronic headaches, spinal cord injuries, severe back and neck pain, seizures, and Parkinson’s disease. The Neuroscience Center offers a unique integration between neurology, neuroscience and neurosurgery, to give patients a comprehensive approach to treating and/or managing their symptoms and living a healthier, more balanced life. We offer an integrated, interdisciplinary approach to care, coupled with state-of-the-art technology and techniques that enable you to provide every patient the best possible outcome.
Physician Assistant Role Scope
The physician assistant will practice at The Hospital of Central Connecticut within the OR first assisting in spine and cranial procedures, and also manage patients post operatively on the floor. This is an opportunity to work autonomously, but collaboratively with a leading Neurosurgeon and team of Physician Assistants, while still enjoying the hours of a day time position.
Physician Assistants Enjoy
- Consistent OR time
- A M-F days only schedule
- No Call
- A supportive collaborating physician and the support of a PA led surgical team
- Competitive compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Physician Assistant Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Master’s program
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
- Certification as a Physician Assistant
- Neurosurgery, spine, or orthopedic experience as a PA required
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.