Ansible Government Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is currently recruiting multiple Nurse Practitioners (NP) to support the VA Palo Alto Healthcare System (VAPAHCS) located at 3801 Miranda Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304. Multiple shift schedules are available. Competitive PRN pay packages are available to qualified candidates.
The NPs provide diagnosis, treatment, consultation, and follow-up patient care. They participate in the care of inpatient and outpatient patients in an independent and interdependent role as directed by the NP Professional Leader or Chief of Patient Care Services.
Ansible is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Federal customers with solutions in many arenas. Our customers face wide-ranging challenges in the fields of national security, health care, and information technology. To address these challenges, we employ intelligent and committed staff who take care of our customers’ success as if it is their own.
The NPs function within the policies of the VA where assigned and have professional and legal responsibility to the patient. The NPs provide the following services:
- Executes position responsibilities independently and collaboratively in accordance with the scope and standards of nursing practice within the specialty area.
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff.
- Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues while administering quality patient care.
- Demonstrates advanced assessment and decision-making skills.
- Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations.
- Documents care/visit in CPRS appropriately, accurately, and concisely.
- Follows clinical guidelines and standards of practice for health promotion, maintenance, and illness prevention.
- Completes health histories and other clinical documentation consistently and with pertinent information.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues.
- Ensures that care and treatment plans are consistent with assessments. Orders and interprets diagnostic tests appropriately.
- Selects/furnishes (prescribes) or recommends pharmacological agents and durable medical equipment appropriately.
- Sets priorities to provide care in an organized and timely manner.
- Presents cases in a concise, organized manner. Participates in formal and informal performance evaluations and professional development.
- Evaluates own performance per the APN Scope of Practice standards of professional and regulatory bodies and takes actions to improve practice.
- Maintains mandatory requirements and competency standards.
- Treats staff, patients and family with respect and dignity.
- Uses clinical research techniques in decision-making and in making recommendations. Identifies and documents appropriate International (Statistical) Classification of Disease (ICD) and current Procedural Terminology (CPT) coding for patient encounters.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Complies with safety facility patient guidelines and other mandatory requirements as directed.
- Completion of an accredited MSN or Nurse Practitioner academic program
- Current Nurse Practitioner licensure in at least one state, territory, or commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- American Health Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- One (1) year of recent Nurse Practitioner work experience is required
Ansible Government Solutions, LLC is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. Ansible will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on a person’s race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, medical/physical status or disability, or military status.