Responsible for the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients through collaboration with a designated physician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess and treat patients with common acute conditions, illnesses, or minor trauma in collaboration with a physician
- Collaborate with the physician in the health care of patients with chronic illnesses.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatments of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues.
- Educate patients and/or families about preventive care, positive behaviors, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Maintain legible, accurate, and confidential medical records.
- Document all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, and referrals.
- Serve as Medical Examiner and perform Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examinations.
- Order diagnostic tests as appropriate.
- Prescribe medications within scope of license.
- Facilitate evaluation of records by physician(s), peers, for quality and standards according to protocols and receive and implement constructive directives.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including annual physicals, positive health behaviors, self-care skills, and use of prescribed medical treatments and medications through education and counseling.
- Analyze new knowledge gained from conferences, workshops, professional literature, or hands on training and assimilates this knowledge into clinical practice.
- Regular attendance to ensure efficient operations
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in patient flow through patient triage and other nursing duties as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to learn and utilize Electronic Medical Records system
- Ability and willingness to work weekend and holiday work as required
- Flexible, self-motivated individual who is dedicated to quality patient care and customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills
- Works effectively in a team environment. Willing to work with multiple covering physicians in addition to collaborating physician.
- Projects a positive image and has a “Patients First” attitude
- Prior experience in primary/urgent care or internal medicine practice is desirable
Education and Experience
- Current licensure as a Certified Registered Family Nurse Practitioner (ANCC or AANP) in a Family or Current Licensure as a Physician Assistant (PANCE)
Physical Demands/Work Environment (optional)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Potential exposure to bloodborne pathogens.