Dignity Health Medical Group - Arizona is seeking a Transitional Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to provide clinical care for high risk/ complex care patients recently discharged from a Dignity Health facility. The goal of the Advanced Practice Provider is to prevent unnecessary hospital readmission by providing improved coordination of care and convenient post-acute care access to medical care.
Duties and Responsibilities
The APP will engage in direct patient care activities and medical/clinical practice as the principal component of his/her overall professional responsibility. Patient care activities will include, but are not be limited to:
1. Assessment, evaluation, diagnostic determination, on-going treatment and clinical management, care planning and modification, medications reconciliation, risk assessment, and, coordination of care with the Acute Care Providers, Transitional Team and Primary Care Physicians.
2. Direct contact and consultation with patient family members, advocates, and others to ensure effective communication of patient status and care plans, and to encourage/support an open visitor- friendly environment within the Transitional Clinic.
3. Day-to-day patient care management activity that includes professional input from all members of the patient care team.
4. Accurate and timely completion of all clinical and professional records and documentation to assure coordination of care.
6. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Preferred Qualifications at this Level
Masters degree in nursing or Physician Assistance. Graduate of accredited program for nurse practitioner or Physician assistance.
Three years clinical experience. APP with experience in an ED, ICU or CCU environment preferred
Licensure, and/or certification:
Current, unrestricted NP or PA license in the State of Arizona
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Technical: - BCLS & ACLS