The Nurse Practitioner will provide advanced nursing care across the continuum of health care services to meet the specialized physiologic and psychological needs of patients with acute, critical, and/or complex chronic health conditions.
The Nurse Practitioner will provide these services at multiple CMG clinics within a designated region of the Phoenix metropolitan area to support extended clinician PTO, leaves of absence and vacancies.
Clinical Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Performs initial patient screenings, patient history, and physical examinations in order to determine care plan and/or treat health conditions.
• Updates patient health records and ensures records are accurate at each patient appointment, ensuring continuity of care and ability to collaborate with other health care professionals in the overall health care of each patient.
• Analyze test results and imaging reports to determine the need for follow-up appointments and/or further treatment options.
• Serves as the resource patients need for ongoing care information, counseling, and provide guidance for any patients with critical conditions.
• Performs chronic health assessments to determine health conditions and develop a treatment plan that includes ordering labs, imaging, referrals to specialty, and/or prescribe medication.
• Performs differential medical diagnosis which includes ordering, conducting and interpreting diagnostic laboratory tests, including radiology studies and EKGs.
• Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments in the direct management of acute and chronic illness.
• Responds to onsite emergencies until EMS can arrive.
• Uses medical training and expertise to responds to the rapidly changing physiologic status of patients.
• Assesses response to therapeutic interventions and recommends continued/change in treatment plan.
• Directs and clinically supervises the work of nurses and other members of the care team.
• Acts in accordance with legal and ethical professional responsibilities (e.g., patient management, documentation, advance directives).
• Accountable to follow all state laws and report as required.
• Follows roles and functions as outlined by the State Board of Nursing and CMG policy
• Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner required AANP, AANC
• Graduate of Certified Nurse Practitioner Program (Master’s, post masters or doctoral preparation.)
• Active and unrestricted AZ license required (needed to obtain certification and APN number).
• Prefer more than 3 years of experience working as an NP in a primary care setting
• Pharmacy and DEA prescription privileges required
• BLS certification required with ability to utilize an AED, ACLS and PALS preferred and required ACLS and PALS for Urgent Care
• Excellent team building skills
• Good computer skills using MS Office Products (Word/Excel) and Electronic Health Records systems
• Keep license current and attend appropriate CME educational opportunities.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
• Maintains awareness of known causes of mass casualty incidents and the treatment modalities required for emergency care.
This is a PRN role.
Cigna is committed to a healthy work force. New hires must complete a background check, drug and nicotine screen to be employed in this role.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.