Advanced Recovery Systems is an integrated behavioral healthcare management company dedicated to the treatment of addiction, substance abuse, eating disorders and mental health issues. We put behavioral health front and center, providing assistance to people with substance abuse issues, addictions and mental health concerns.
With facilities in various regions of the U.S., we have been furthering this mission since our inception, applying our advanced approach to patient care.
Every facility in the Advanced Recovery Systems network strives to provide the highest quality of care, using evidence-based therapeutic models that really work. Our goal is to help men, women and adolescents live healthy, happy lives without the burden of substance abuse or mental illness.
The Nurse Practitioner provides medical services/ patient care to patients admitted to ARS facilities and throughout treatment within the continuum of care. The Nurse Practitioner supports and follows the policies, rules and regulations of the facility as well as the standards of State and Federal regulations.
Works effectively with the facility leadership team to ensure success of the facility by completing the following:
Core Job Duties:
- Provides excellent medical care with the ARS philosophy outlined by the Chief Medical Officer and Medical Director. This includes knowledge of medications, assessment for medication complications, detoxification protocols and prescribing medications in general.
- Demonstrates proficiency using the electronic health record with all required documentation. ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures, state regulation, Joint Commission standards and Medical Needs Criteria. These records will be completed and authenticated in a timely manner per policy. This includes but is not limited to the following electronic record documents:
- Psychiatric Evaluation and/or
- Admission History and Physical Evaluation
- Medical Progress Notes
- Discharge Summary
- Peer to Peer Form
- Understands ASAM criteria and Medical Needs Criteria provided and will document decision making accordingly.
- Understands the On-Call responsibilities: will provide contact and back-up numbers, being responsive and available when assigned on-call duties
Other Required Tasks
- Implements plans for Performance Improvement as needed.
- With the Medical Director, develop cost-effective methods to provide medically necessary therapeutic services.
- Assists in formulating and supporting the highest standards of patient care.
- With the Medical Director, supervise all Level of Care changes and provides peer reviews when required.
- Provides supervision/ support to Nurse Practitioners as required.
- Understands and abides by all safety/risk, infection control, and other guidelines, as required.
- If Non-Exempt-turns in time sheets/ expenses to the Medical Director/Designee at the designated time frames.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Graduated from an accredited Nursing Master’s Program or higher.
- Experience in Addiction Medicine/ Behavioral Health preferred.
- Familiarity with JCAHO and other indicated healthcare standards are necessary.
- Communication skills to relate to all levels of facility staff. Self-motivated and confident.
- Licensed Nurse with Master’s Degree or higher to practice medicine, e.g. Nurse Practitioner-BC, Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Psych NP) in the State of Colorado, as applicable, required.
- Board Certification and ABAM certification preferred.
- Must have a DEA to prescribe Controlled medications in the state(s) working.
- SAMHSA/ DEA Buprenorphine waiver is preferred.
Knowledge and Training Required at Time of Hire:
- Knowledge of the Principles and Practices of Addiction Medicine.
- Adheres to the AMA/ AOA Healthcare code of ethics.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards.
- Knowledge of HIPPA policies.
- Demonstrates proficiency in communication and written skills.
- Knowledge of State & Federal Statutes Regarding patient confidentiality, hospital regulations.
- Knowledge of Drug-Free Workplace Policies.
- History working with electronic medical records.
- Time management skills.
We offer great benefits including 401(k), paid time off plan, medical, dental, vision, and much more.
Advanced Recovery Systems, a national integrated behavior healthcare management company dedicated to the treatment of addiction, substance abuse, eating disorders and mental health issues. We invite you to learn more about us at our website!
The Company complies with state and federal nondiscrimination laws and policies that prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex. It is unlawful to retaliate against individuals or groups based on the basis of their participation in a complaint of discrimination or on the basis of their opposition to discriminatory practices/EEO
We are proud to be a drug-free workplace.