Now more than ever...
America's Seniors in Long Term Care and Assisted Living Facilities need our help. MedOptions is looking for strong, caring clinicians to support their behavioral health needs. MedOptions, America's largest behavioral health provider, is recruiting for clinicians that will meet this challenge and restore quality of life to our aging population.
Under the supervision of the Regional Manager, Clinical Director and Collaborating Physician, participates in the planning and treatment of patients with behavioral health issues who reside in skilled nursing, assisted living facilities or similar setting.
- Provides clinical assessments; treatments; behavioral and medication management
- Works in collaboration with the behavioral health consultants as a member of the interdisciplinary team assigned to the facility
- As a resource to facility staff, provides consultation on nursing practice and psychopharmacology as appropriate.
- Participates in case reviews, consultations and utilization review
- Responds to urgent calls from the facility and facilitates problem solving
- Maintains accurate records on patients treated
- Maintains accurate daily records for billing purposes and submits in a timely manner as directed.
- Provides in-service education at the facilities as needed
- Participates in staff and facility medical staff meetings as needed
- Advanced practice nurse degree from an accredited university - Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner preferred
- Holds a valid nurse practitioner license state practicing in accordance with the regulations of that state or in the process of obtaining it
- State controlled substance license or in the process of obtaining it
- DEA Certificate or in the process of obtaining it
- Holds a collaborative agreement or attestation with physician in accordance with the regulations of the state practicing in
- Must be able to meet the credentialing requirements of MedOptions and the facilities assigned to. Must be able to become credentialed with Medicare and Medicaid and other payers as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Geriatric and/or psychiatric experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work on a computer including but not limited to: using the Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and MedOptions’ Electronic Health Record system
- Ability to navigate online to record time and attendance and employee service portal applications
- Ability to type on a keyboard, use mouse and/or stylus to do electronic health documentation records