Avosys is a growing integrator of professional, technological and management solutions services. Founded in 1998, Avosys provides services nationwide to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. We recognize the foundation of our firm is our people and we continue to rise above our competition by hiring the best.
Is it your calling to serve our military and their families? Avosys is seeking a Family Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant to provide services to the Davis-Monthan Medical Clinic at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson, Arizona.
EMPLOYMENT WITH AVOSYS
- Maximize family time with no weekend, Holiday, or on-call requirements
- Maintain work-life balance with guaranteed 8-hour shifts
- Accrue Paid Time Off (PTO) as you work, which can be used for vacation, sick or personal time.
- Provide advanced comprehensive psychiatric nursing care for a variety of behavioral health patients including airmen, their families and retirees between the ages of 18 and 65
- Perform intake procedures for psychiatric patients
- Collaborate with the patient's total treatment team in order to formulate a total treatment plan.
- Perform psychiatric patient observations in order to identify any significant behavior and reaction patterns.
- Prescribe medications to psychiatric patients seeking behavioral health services
- Provide staff and family consultation around medication and other concerns
- Provide individual therapy, family therapy and/or medication management as neededfor patients
- Collaborate with others to ensure appropriate patient evaluation and treatment
- Function independently and in collaboration with credentialed health providers
- Facilitate communications between psychiatric services, programs and caregivers
- Perform psychiatric assessments for individuals under his/her care
- Responsible for oversight of the quality of care delivered to his/her patients
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests, with implementation of appropriate treatment plan and follow-up care in a cost-effective manner.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling.
- Serve as a role model and consultant to staff in the provision of psychiatric care,education and research
- Perform medical procedures within credentials and scope of practice.
- Request consultation or referral with appropriate subspecialties, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
- A permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner. License cannot be under investigation nor have any adverse action pending from a State Board or national licensing/certification agency. May be licensed in any of the 50 states.
- A minimum of 24 months of experience in a mental health care setting within the last 36 months.
- Board Certified (PMHCNS-BC) or ANCC American Nurses Credentialing Center- Psychiatric Designation.
- Successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner program from an accredited School of Nursing at the time of graduation.
- Nationally certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner through the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
For more information regarding this honorable opportunity to serve our Nation's Heroes and their families please contact
Rene Reyna, Recruiter, at AReyna@Avosys.com or (210) 955-9445.
Reference Code: CHS.AZ.FNP.1806
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Industry: Government Contracting
Shift: Day Business Hours
Salary: Based on Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact (210) 888-0775 or Jobs@Avosys.com for assistance.