Fairview Health Services is seeking 1 board certified / board eligible advanced practice nurse (Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist) with experience and a strong interest in providing general outpatient psychiatric care to patients at Fairview Clinics – Apple Valley in Apple Valley, MN.
In this practice, the PMHNP will provide psychiatry services in support of the Fairview Medical Group Collaborative Care Psychiatry model. In this model, Fairview primary care providers (PCPs) refer patients to the PMHNP based on diagnostic questions, complexity or instability and the need for a specialty consultation. The PMHNP sees the patients for a diagnostic evaluation and the option for one or more additional follow-up appointments to initiate /stabilize meds as needed. Most patients are then returned to the referring PCP for ongoing primary psychiatric management. In addition, the psychiatric provider is available for provider- to- provider consultations both face to face and via the shared EMR.
This is an innovative, rewarding practice that we believe is the future for caring for the mental health needs of the patients in the communities we serve.
- Clinic locations: Fairview Clinics – Apple Valley in Apple Valley, MN – 30 mins south of Minneapolis
- Join a team of Psychiatrists and APRNs serving the Fairview Clinic System.
- Participate in regular consultation meetings with Fairview Psychiatrists
- Have access to a Behavioral Health Clinician and Specialty Mental Health Provider network to support the behavioral health needs of your patients.
- Use an efficient and fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
- Schedule details: M-F. Flexible hours
- Call Frequency: No Call at this time
- Openings: 1.0 FTE
- Income Details: Market Competitive Salary
- Other Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package to also include generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance, a retirement plan, and much more.
- Graduate of a school or nursing and accredited Adult or Family (Lifespan) Psychiatric & Mental Health Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist training program.
- BC/BE through the AANP or ANCC
- Licensed or ability to obtain APRN license with the Minnesota Board of Nursing
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges (if required)
- At least 2 years of APRN practice experience in psychiatric clinical practice is preferred.
- Licensed and experienced in treating pediatric patients is also preferred, but not required.
Fairview Clinics – Apple Valley is a busy, established practice, with provider and staff longevity.