Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As a nurse practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- 104-bed community, not-for-profit hospital
- Team of 2 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Excellent specialty support with Sound's own physicians providing telemedicine services
- Hospitalists respond to rapid responses and code blues from 7 am to 5 pm
- No call environment
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off; 7 am - 7 pm; No nights required
- Access SoundInstitute learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Virginia and certification from ACNP or ANP. Not open to new grads; 1-2 years of recent inpatient Nurse Practitioner experience required
Location & Lifestyle
If you're from Richmond, you already know this wonderful location is one of our nation's best-kept secrets! However, if you're not from the area, here is some very exciting information for you. Richmond, Virginia, is one of our nations top metropolitan cities for businesses, singles, and families and ranks 53rd on a list of U.S. best places in to live, according to the 2019 edition of the U.S. News and World report of liveable cities! One of our many unique attractions is the James River which boasts 550 acres of scenic shorelines and islands which is amazing for river and riverfront activities such as kayaking, fishing, biking, walking, and jogging. Other Richmond attractions include outdoor concerts and festivals, a childrens museum, art galleries, golf courses, fun breweries, wine bars, tons of eclectic shopping and delicious, diverse, artistically designed restaurants. Richmond is an awesome place for foodies!
Residing in Richmond is exciting! It's home to top colleges and universities and also home to top-notch public and private schools. The city offers trendy lofts and modern condos overlooking the river, as well as, beautiful homes with historic design and thoughtfully planned out subdivisions. Also, close by are relaxing, acres upon acres of scenic farmland. One very much appreciated benefits of our city is that we do not have the traffic congestion of other metropolitan cities so getting around is, refreshingly stress-free! And if you wanted to get away for the weekend, Richmond is an easy drive to the breathtaking Blue Ridge Mountains, fun in the sun at multiple beaches or loads to experience in Washington D.C or the Carolinas. Come to see for yourself and get ready for a great time!