Department:14001_52300 St Joseph Infectious Diseases
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:Minimum: $40.86 - Maximum: $
Job Description Details:
Primarily responsible to assess, evaluate and treat patients in the hospital/medical office setting, under the supervision and collaboration of a physician, by using advanced knowledge and skill to identify abnormal conditions, diagnose health problems, develop and implement treatment plans, evaluate patient outcomes, and collaborate with or refer to a physician in the hospital/medical practice for further care management.
1. Actively demonstrates the organization’s mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Performs complete, accurate history and physical assessment/examination as appropriate for patient setting/type of visit.
4. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic tests and accurately, communicates results to patient, completes all documentation, adhering to compliance standards for documentation, coding/billing and collaborative supervision. Reports abnormal findings to collaborative/supervising physician.
5. Prescribes appropriate treatment, pharmacological agents and/or other non-pharmacological interventions. Completes simple and complex procedures independently. Reports adverse patient responses to collaborative/supervising physician.
6. Provides direct patient and family education regarding patient medical condition/disease process, treatment methodologies, outcomes management, wellness and prognosis.
7. Determines the effectiveness of patient care plans, treatment and interventions through reassessment and modifies as necessary to achieve patient health status goals. Reports significant plan changes to collaborative/supervising physician.
8. Responsible for communication with physician regarding variations from normal and evaluation of patient outcomes. Collaborates with physician and other members of health care team to provide individualized plan of care. Delegates care within scope of practice.
9. Participates in medical record, patient care, quality assurance, process improvement and compliance audits, evaluations and follow-up.
10. Demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness in handling schedule coverage and service excellence.
11. Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job, effective operation of medical practice and access/delivery of care to patients as directed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: Graduate of an accredited school for professional nursing with BSN degree required, MSN required. Successful completion of practitioner program. National certification preferred.
Licensure: RN Indiana license. The state of Indiana does not require a Nurse practitioner license however; a Nurse Practitioner CSR license is required in the state of Indiana if the position has prescriptive authority.
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience as nurse practitioner with medical office practice preferred.
Other Job Requirements:
Well developed and demonstrable communication skills required; Strong inter-personal and collaborative skills with physicians, healthcare professionals, hospital and public agency staff; Strong decision making skills that support patient care needs, ethical standards, legal compliance and fiscal integrity.
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.