Reporting to the Dean of Student Life, provides strategic leadership, management and program direction for Student Health Services that promotes a holistic approach to optimum personal student and public health for the University community specifically related to the planning and preparation for and response to the COVID19 Pandemic. This is a part-time, limited-term, 6-week duration position and working no more than 24 hours a week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, plan, implement and evaluate direct student health services with a specific focus on the strategic response to the COVID19 Pandemic and related diseases. Provide physical examinations and related services for clinical program students (e.g., Nursing, Physical Therapy) seeking experience in clinical settings as one of their requirements for academic progress.
- Oversight of the departmental health education campaign for prevention of COVID19. Collaborate with the Director of Sports and Wellness, Human Resources, Student Housing and Residential Life, and other units as necessary within the Division of Student Affairs and across the university.
- Consultation on a regular basis with the Medical Director regarding the provision of clinical services and evaluation of care provided to students.
- Consultation on a regular basis with the Dean of Student life and occasional consultation with the Vice President for student Affairs.
- Supervise professional and support staff and contract employees in the provision of direct health services and education.
- Provision of the integration of medical and counseling services, including psychopharmacology evaluation, treatment, and/or referral.
- In consultation with the Medical Director, provide off campus treatment referral services for students enrolled in the MSMU sponsored student health insurance plans as denied in their Student Illness and Injury Insurance Policies.
- Provision of care for college employees for emergent or life threatening problems that occur on campus during work hours. Such care will be limited by the resources available for diagnosis and treatment and shall only be provided when the physician or nurse practitioner is on campus during the emergency.
- Provide services in alignment with University policies.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform occasional short-term duties as they relate to the work of Student Affairs at Mount Saint Mary's University.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Provision of care in a clinical setting.
Abilities and Skills:
- Hardworking, detail-oriented individual with the ability to problem solve independently, reaching out for help / support on patient cases, as needed.
- Caring, compassionate individual who enjoys helping others and providing a positive care experience.
- Flexible and interested in working in environment with frequent change.
- Used to balancing multiple, concurrent patient cases, and who are comfortable giving and receiving feedback to grow in their roles.
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner
- Two years' experience, preferably in a college health setting, ambulatory or acute care.
Work Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: TBD - 6-week duration
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
The University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse student population and workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of learning. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to be a student or to work for the University.