Job Number: 201057
Department: VM Federal Way - Adult Primary Care
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
Walk In Clinic/Same Day Access
Our Federal Way Clinic is a well-established practice. We are expanding our same-day access services in order to meet the needs of our increasing patient population. The candidate will be responsible for:
- Triaging patients and taking histories and physicals
- Treating patients in the acute setting
Our ideal candidate will be a person with experience providing care for acute issues for both children and adults. Those with experience in the family primary care setting are encouraged to apply. Because this role is to help expand access to our patients, schedules will include evening and weekend work.
As a member of our team, you will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach to collaborative medicine. You will also help to further our commitment to continuous improvement through our Virginia Mason Production System, and our philosophy of empowering you to facilitate real change in the delivery of care. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - your patients.
The Federal Way Medical Center offers many comprehensive services such as: adult primary care, same-day clinic, pediatrics, asthma and allergy, dermatology, cancer institute, sports medicine, on-site lab, radiology and surgery.
With numerous awards and distinctions, including our recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason has transformed health care through our innovations in patient safety and our ability to provide patients in our community with easier access to our high-quality care.
Consisting of a 336-bed hospital in Seattle, WA, and an extensive network of primary and specialty care clinics throughout the Puget Sound region, joining Virginia Mason is an exceptional opportunity to partner with nationally recognized physicians and peers, and an organization recognized as the benchmark for health care.
Same day access hours; Mon-Fri; 8am-8pm. Sat & Sun; 8am - 6pm.
- Washington State Registered Nurse License and an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner License are required for this job.
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and National Provider Identifier (NPI) numbers may be required depending on the position, as well as prescriptive authority.
- An understanding of anatomy, physiology, histology, and pharmacology; and strong interpersonal and counseling skills.
- Certification by specialty area as well as work experience in specialty area may be required, depending on the position.
- Experience treating all ages in the primary care acute setting
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable cities in the country, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer