Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
REVISED: This position is a 0.8 FTE (8 shifts/ pay period), 8-hour - Flex 40 shifts, Day, Every 4th Weekend.
Our Home Health team provides family-centered and community-based public health nursing services to clients from diverse racial, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Public Health Nurses (PHNs) work with families in their homes and other community settings. In coordination with health care providers and local community agencies.
Adult/Home Health: home health visits for adults with acute and chronic medical conditions.
Within the context of the Hennepin County Medical Center "Centered Around You" Patient & Family Centered Care practice model, and under general supervision, the registered nurse provides and coordinates nursing care by:
- Protecting, promoting wellness and optimizing health
- Triaging patients by assessing severity of symptoms and referral to appropriate setting or level of care
- Alleviating suffering through nursing interventions and prescribed treatments
- Partnering with the patient, their family and significant others
- Documenting interventions and an individualized plan of care
- Educating patient on their disease process
- Assuring continuity of care
- Educating patient and family in preventative care which promotes health and well being
- 1-year professional nursing (RN) experience
- Valid driver's license and regular access to an insured automobile
- Possession of a valid license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of Minnesota
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Bachelor's or master's degree in nursing from an accredited college
- Public health/Home Care professional nursing (RN) experience
- Public Health Nurse Certification
- OASIS knowledge and/or experience
- EPIC experience
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.