Nurse Tech Long Term Acute Care Full Time Nights AdventHealth Land O Lakes
Location Address: 9441 Health Center Drive Land O' Lakes, Florida 34637
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Connerton
- Specialty hospital for medically complex patients
- Pulmonary and Vapotherm Center of Excellence
- Staff consists of all Registered Respiratory Therapist, 65% BSN or above RN’s, Current staff certifications include CCRN, PCCN, CNML, WCNC, NEA-BC, and RN-BC
- Onsite BSN completion program partnership with South University with staff discounted rate
- Simulation Lab and Clinical Transition Pilot Program
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers.
- Demonstrates appropriate and courteous phone etiquette.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Performs tech checks to assist nursing with hourly rounding using the AIDET technique.
- Demonstrates culturally competent care into daily practice.
- Reflects ICBEST practices as a representative of Florida Hospital Tampa.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and values.
- Communicates in a timely manner with the appropriate RN as needed.
- Performs accucheks and hemocults per hospital procedure and documents.
- Documents accurately and timely all procedures and patient care tasks.
- Removes peripheral IV catheters, disposes of in accordance with hospital biohazardous waste policy, observes site and notifies nurse of condition. Documents in electronic medical record (EMR).
- Empties Foley bags, JP’s, and hemovacs. Documents care and intake/output in the (EMR).
- Specimen Collection as assigned by RN and following hospital policy for patient identification.
- Takes vital signs, accurate weights, and measures intake/output and documents accurately.
- Transports patients with necessary equipment to destinations within scheduled time frames, observing correct techniques.
- Assists in positioning, lifting, and ambulating patients, using appropriate safety precautions and body mechanics.
- Answers call lights in a timely manner.
- Distributes linen supplies.
What you will need:
- High School education or equivalent
- Completion of a formal Certified Nursing Assistant education program or Must be currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program with transcripts providing for successful completion of fundamentals of nursing course materials. Or,
- Completion of the equivalent of Basic Fundamentals of Nursing, from an accredited Nursing Program.
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Current Florida Certified Nursing Assistant license, validated by Florida Board of Nursing (unless currently enrolled in BSN program with completion of fundamentals of nursing).
- Phlebotomy certification at first session possible following orientation.
Perform specific tasks or routines supportive to delivery of patient care while performing as “Goodwill Ambassador”; conducting patient and family checks in the assigned nursing unit under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with Division of Nursing standards. Will also perform clerical duties related to computers, workstation on wheels (WOWs) equipment and supply checks. Responsible for the inventory and ordering of supplies, equipment and services needed to support the efficient operation of the assigned nursing unit and patient care delivery.