Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
- AdventHealth Tampa Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers.
- Demonstrates appropriate and courteous phone etiquette.
- Performs tech checks to assist nursing with hourly rounding using the AIDET technique.
- Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork in assisting with patient flow.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services and when ordering supplies and complies with decisions made for staffing adjustments (i.e. floating).
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions effectively.
- Must have documentation (evidenced by CNA license) that supports the attainment of the following skill sets:
- Knowledge of and ability to perform accuchecks and hemoccults.
- Knowledge of normal parameters for vital signs for age specific population
- Knowledge of and ability to obtain vital signs correctly
- Knowledge of and ability to remove peripheral IV catheters.
- Knowledge of and ability to empty foley bags, JP’s and hemovacs
- Working knowledge of and ability to use computer and perform data entry.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible workweek including weekends, nights and overtime as required
- Cerner (Preferred)
- Phlebotomy (Preferred)
- High School education or equivalent
- Completion of a formal Certified Nursing Assistant education program or must be currently enrolled in an accredited BSN program with completion of second semester of nursing program.
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Current Florida Certified Nursing Assistant license, validated by Florida Board of Nursing (unless currently enrolled in BSN program with completion of second semester).
- Phlebotomy certification at first session possible following orientation
Perform specific tasks or routines supportive to delivery of patient care while performing as “Goodwill Ambassador”; conducting patient and family checks in the assigned nursing unit under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with Division of Nursing standards. Will also perform clerical duties related to computers, workstation on wheels (WOWs) equipment and supply checks. Responsible for the inventory and ordering of supplies, equipment and services needed to support the efficient operation of the assigned nursing unit and patient care delivery.