Under the direction of the Nurse, performs sub-professional duties including providing patient care to meet the needs of activities of daily living; operation and maintenance of equipment. Takes and records vital signs and I/Os. Assists licensed staff and physicians as directed within approved standards. Performs other related duties as directed. Assumes the responsibility for meeting the basic needs of all patients assigned. Provides care to a patient population ranging from infant to geriatric, unless otherwise indicated. Works collaboratively with the health care team, is customer focused and strives to meet unit and hospital goals. Provides quality care according to established practice standards and guidelines for the area(s) assigned. Must be willing/able to float to other (comparable) nursing units, as requested/needed.
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Successful completion of Certified Nursing Assistant Course, CNA Certification, completion of Nursing Fundamentals Course in an accredited RN program, EMT certification or Certified Medical Assistant
· Successful completion of hospital service orientation program
· Attends Skills Fair and completes yearly competency checklists
· Must have current BCLS certification
· Previous hospital experience preferred
· Completion of phlebotomy course
· Competently performs unit specific duties as assigned
· Must utilize common sense and good judgment.
· Must be able to adapt to varying patterns of supervision.
· Must be able to perform duties accurately under stress.
· Must perform duties within scope of practice and conforming to standards of practice.
· Must have the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with physicians, patients and family members. Discretion is required in handling confidential information.
· Must be able to work irregular schedules, weekends, and holidays due to staffing and census fluctuations.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.