Purpose of the Job:
This position assists frail seniors to enjoy their highest level of independence while receiving the necessary care and service to meet their changing needs. Certified Nurse Assistants/Aides assist with personal and restorative care. This position partners with other teams to assure individualized dining, environmental, social and healthcare experiences. Supports and lives out Immanuel’s Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Administrative & Compliance
- Certified Nurse Aide/Assistant (CNA) certification
- Active member in good standing on the applicable state registry for CNA.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Certified Nurse Aide.
Other Requirements –
- Certification in Basic Life Support and First Aid is preferred or willingness to obtain certification within 60 days of hire date required.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of physical, mental, spiritual, and social needs of the senior and/or frail elderly population and their families.
- Knowledge of Immanuel, its mission and Promises, and how those are directly correlated to the incumbent’s job.
- Skilled in effective and appropriate written communication.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents/participants, co-workers, family members, and vendors.
- Ability to prepare and administer medication and treatments accurately and timely.
- Ability to appropriately use equipment, facilities, and materials to do certain work.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate personal traits of high level of motivation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally; make eye contact, pleasantly greet people, and use tact and diplomacy in interactions at all levels.
- Ability to place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.