The overall purpose of this job is assisting in various resident care activities and services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of residents including bathing. Supports and lives out Immanuel’s Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Values and embraces multicultural traditions and recognizes when there is a need for and procures translations/ interpretations appropriately.
- Respects the privacy, dignity and individuality of each resident. Demonstrates timely response to resident calls, anticipates resident needs, and assures resident safety and comfort through regular rounds and care delivery.
- Performs individualized direct personal care including preparing residents for daily living activities, assistance with cleaning, toileting, grooming, bathing, and dressing. Assures resident privacy. Takes vital signs and weight.
- Assists residents with bath and/or shower. Coordinates and maintains bath schedule. Responsible for appropriate cleaning of tub/shower and ordering supplies as needed.
- Establishes and maintains effective interpersonal relationships with residents, visitors, and other facility personnel. Assists in orientation of new staff members as assigned.
- May perform other duties such as but not limited to light housekeeping, resident laundry and dietary services (serving, bussing, etc.)
- Authorized to make entries in the medical record, consistent with and limited to the scope of the job duties and any applicable licensure.
Administrative & Compliance
- Participates in all safety, security and infection control programs.
- Reports to LPN any changes in condition, resident incidents, the care given, observations, and resident requests. Demonstrates the ability to perform in an accurate and precise manner in crisis and emergency situations. Records appropriate information on assigned records.
- Complies with all internal and external regulations, polices and procedures. Demonstrates understanding and practice of quality standards and HIPAA regulations. Supports facility efforts for continuous quality improvement.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through participation in meetings, training and continuing education programs.
- Maintains professional affiliations and any required certifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Certified Nurse Aide/Assistant (CNA) certification
- Active member in good standing on the applicable state registry for CNA.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Basic Life Support or BLS instructor certification is required upon hire.
- One (1) year experience as a Certified Nurse Aide preferred.
- Experience working with seniors preferred.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of physical, mental, spiritual, and social needs of the senior and/or frail elderly population and their families.
- Knowledge of Immanuel, its mission and Promises, and how those are directly correlated to the incumbent’s job.
- Skilled in effective and appropriate written/verbal communication.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents/participants, co-workers, family members, and vendors.
- Ability to appropriately use equipment, facilities, and materials to do certain work.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate personal traits of high level of motivation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally; make eye contact, pleasantly greet people, and use tact and diplomacy in interactions at all levels.
- Ability to place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.
- Ability to organize and prioritize resident care and ability to work with others.