Nursing Assistant (CNA) AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74th Street, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Nights/ Part Time
12 Hour Shifts (Two per week)
Every Third Weekend required
You Will Be Responsible For:
I will provide a clean patient care environment and uphold all principles of infection control.
· Consistently follow organizational guidelines for effective hand hygiene.
· Follow guidelines for standard precautions as directed.
· Maintain a neat and clean patient environment by changing linens, emptying trash and keeping hallways clean and free of clutter and equipment.
· Perform environmental tasks as delegated with minimal supervision.
I will promote teamwork and nurture relationships so as to be seen as a positive member of the healthcare team.
· Support the goals of the department and adheres to all organizational and departmental policies.
· Attend all required staff meetings and mandatory training.
· Communicate clearly and effectively to all customers, the RN and other members of the healthcare team.
· Answer call lights, telephones and requests for assistance quickly and with a smile and pleasant demeanor.
· Willingly seek and take on additional responsibilities as assigned within my competency level.
· Resolve issues and problems as soon as they arise.
I will provide exceptional service and/or care to all patients, customers and team members.
· Obtain and record patient vital signs and intake and output as directed.
· Assist patients with activities of daily living.
· Turn and reposition patients with or without assistance as directed.
· Listen attentively and provide information in a way that is respectful and ensures understanding.
· Address customers by their preferred names.
· Provide for privacy and dignity of all patients by closing doors and curtains when providing patient care.
I will ensure a safe environment for all patients, customers and team members.
· Demonstrate proper use of patient care supplies and equipment.
· Demonstrate knowledge of patient safety policies and respond appropriately to organizational disaster codes.
· Follow directions accurately and completely.
· Keep patient and hospital information confidential and out of public view.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- BLS obtained through the American Heart Association with at least 6 months left prior to expiration.
The Clinical Associate (CA) is a non-licensed support person, and functions as a member of the patient care team. The CA is responsible for providing direct patient care and any assigned duties as designated by his/her competency level to ensure optimal patient care. The CA works under the guidance of a Registered Nurse.