$1,000 Sign on Bonus & $1,000 Retention Bonus! MHealth Fairview is looking for a Nursing Assistant at St. Joe's Hospital in St. Paul, MN. This position is 56 hours per two weeks, variable schedule, on the Day/Evening shift (7am - 3:30pm)/(3:30 - 11:30pm) with an every other weekend rotation and a holiday rotation. This position is eligible for full benefits.
Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1853, St. Joseph's Hospital in downtown St. Paul, MN is proud to hold the distinction as Minnesota's first hospital. Although much has changed in health care since the hospital's early days, the practice of providing high quality, compassionate care remains constant. From technology to education, family support and spirituality to community outreach, our commitment ensures you’ll always receive high quality, compassionate care. St. Joseph’s Hospital is a member of the University of Minnesota's Family Medicine and Community Health residency program and is Medicare certified.
About this position - Long Term Acute Care (LTAC)
This unit is Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) where all of our patients have had a complex illness or injury that requires hospital level care for an average of 25-30 days. Many of our patients are more acute than a typical Med/Surg floor, so this unit is a great place to gain expertise in managing patients with progressive care issues with varying levels of multi system impairment. Outside of an ICU setting, it is hard to get exposer to such a high concentration of acutely ill patients.
- Demonstrates commitment to the universal guiding principles of the patient care model in order to achieve the HealthEast Nursing vision.
- Supports the Nursing Process to achieve outcome focused patient care. Supports holistic nursing theory based on Watson's theory of caring aligning with the practice standards of the American Holistic Nurses' Association and the HealthEast nursing patient care model (Professional Partnership Model) in order to achieve the HealthEast Nursing vision.
- Communicates accurately and effectively with patient/family and health care team members. Reinforces patient education as directed by clinical staff.
- Achieves customer service excellence by understanding the needs of all internal and external customers, patients, families, physicians and the interdependent team.
- Documents patient information in EHR and/or other electronic system in accordance with program standards, department policies/procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned
- Current certification on the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry upon hire with the following exceptions:
- If the applicant is currently enrolled in an RN program, and completion of one (1) semester of clinical rotation within the program or If the applicant is a current Fairview employee, this requirement does not need to be maintained throughout employment and is not required if subsequently transferring into another Nursing Assistant or Nursing Station Tech or Nursing Station Attendant position
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification