Healtheast and Fairview Health Services is looking for a Nursing Assistant at Woodwind’s Hospital in Woodbury, MN. This position is 48 hours per two weeks, variable schedule, on the Day/Evening shift (7am - 3:30pm)/(3pm - 11:30pm) with an every other weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) rotation and a holiday rotation. This position is eligible for full benefits.
Woodwinds Health Campus opened its 86-bed hospital in August 2000. Located on 30 acres of pristine wetlands in Woodbury, MN, it’s the only hospital in the southeast metro area. Woodwinds provides convenient, comprehensive and quality health care for the community. You’ll find the services you need all in one location. We're known for attention to detail — and attention to patients — and the calming ambiance is enhanced by the surrounding woods and wetlands.
About this position - Med Surg/Ortho 3 South
- 26 private rooms
- Patient population: total hips, total knees, spine surgeries, shoulder surgeries, general Med/Surg, and general ortho
- Ages 18+
- Patient average length of stay is 2-3 days
- Demonstrates commitment to the universal guiding principles of the patient care model in order to achieve the HealthEast Nursing vision.
- Supports the Nursing Process to achieve outcome focused patient care. Supports holistic nursing theory based on Watson's theory of caring aligning with the practice standards of the American Holistic Nurses' Association and the HealthEast nursing patient care model (Professional Partnership Model) in order to achieve the HealthEast Nursing vision.
- Communicates accurately and effectively with patient/family and health care team members. Reinforces patient education as directed by clinical staff.
- Achieves customer service excellence by understanding the needs of all internal and external customers, patients, families, physicians and the interdependent team.
- Documents patient information in EHR and/or other electronic system in accordance with program standards, department policies/procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Current certification on the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry upon hire with the following exceptions:
- If the applicant is currently enrolled in an RN program, and completion of one (1) semester of clinical rotation within the program or If the applicant is a current Fairview employee, this requirement does not need to be maintained throughout employment and is not required if subsequently transferring into another Nursing Assistant or Nursing Station Tech or Nursing Station Attendant position
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification