Job: Care Partner/CNA/CNT
Primary Location: TN-Nashville-Medical Center North (MCN)
Organization: Orthopaedics Team 40 201809
Care Partner, Orthopaedics Unit (Night Shift)
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
To assist with the delivery of patient care and maintenance of unit environmental standards under the supervision of a licensed nurse:
- Assist with the delivery of patient care and maintenance of unit environmental standards under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
- Assists with day to day delivery of patient care.
- Facilitates efficient and safe patient care and flow by following work area standards.
- Serves as a liaison for communication and education of patient and family needs.
- Supports unit operations and patient flow by maintaining supplies, equipment and unit environmental standards.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
- Full-Time, Nights (7pm-7am)
- High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) (Required)
- Other : 1) Current enrollment in a program of professional nursing RN and successful completion of first semester of nursing school to include nursing fundamentals clinical, or 2) Graduation from a Nursing Assistant or Aide Training Program, or 3) Min of one year previous experience as a care partner or nursing assistant/technician. (Required)
VUMC Recent Accomplishments:
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
- Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
- Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
- Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
- American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
- Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
- Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
- Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
- Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html