South Lake Hospital is centrally located in Clermont, Florida, which combines the appeal of suburban life with easy access to Orlando, all of the major theme parks, and beautiful beaches on both coasts. At South Lake Hospital, our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities in South Lake County. Our 160-acre health, wellness, and education campus provides a complete continuum of quality care. With 170 beds, and more than 1,500 employees, we offer a variety of medical services including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology, women's services, and our cardiac catheterization laboratory.
* Performs general patient care to patients under the direction and supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse.
* Assists patient with hygiene, mobility, hydration, elimination and nutritional needs.
* Provides routine treatments and maintains a safe, clean, neat, and organized patient environment.
* Maintains safety and security of patients, families, self, and other members of the healthcare team.
* Assures patient privacy, rights, and confidentiality.
* Follows standard precautions, always washes hands between patients.
* Assists with admission, transfer, and discharge of patients.
* Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rates, food and fluid intake and output as directed.
* Obtains data and accurately documents pertinent patient information according to Orlando Health specific policies and guidelines.
* Recognizes and communicates appropriate information and safety concerns regarding the patient's condition to the RN and or other members of the healthcare team.
* Participates in handoff report and purposeful hourly rounding of patients.
* Provides exceptional service and or care to all patients, families, customers and team members.
* Demonstrates competency in specific tasks and skills as defined by Orlando Health and unit specific competencies.
* Maintains a clean, neat, safe and organized nursing unit.
* Receives and processes incoming phone calls, patient call lights and guest requests.
* Transports and delivers items, equipment, blood products, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
* May have limited access to areas storing medications.
* Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
* Enthusiastically supports and participates in planned changes.
* Participates in nursing Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
* Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
* Consistently utilizes time and resources effectively and efficiently.
* Attends hospital, unit staff meetings and in-services according to policy.
* Completes all mandatory training.
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care based on principles of growth and development over the life span.
* Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
South Lake Hospital is currently looking for a Nursing Assistant II to join our team. Interested candidates will have the following...
* High school graduate or equivalent
* One (1) year of nursing assistant work experience within the past five years may substitute for the below training requirement in addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section.
* Successful completion of one of the following:
* Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Assistant Program; or
* State of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant certification; or
* State of Florida Licensed Practical Nurse; or
* Current nursing student who has completed one semester of clinical rotation; or
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing; or
* Medical Corpsman, Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic; or
* Medical personnel licensed outside the United States Licensure/Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled