Kettering Health is a not-for-profit network of nine hospitals, Kettering College, and over 160 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio’s leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 14,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
As a faith-based organization we are dedicated to treating all patients with love and respect regardless of religious preference. Multi-denominational Spiritual Services are offered at the network every day.
Sycamore Medical Center Overview
- Serving the residents of Warren, Butler, and Southern Montgomery counties for over 40 years.
- Sycamore Medical Center is a full-service hospital located minutes west of the Dayton Mall on Miamisburg-Centerville Road off I-75 in Miamisburg, Ohio.
- The cornerstone services for Sycamore Medical Center have been Bariatric surgeries and Orthopedic care.
- Expanded services include emergency care, sleep center, mammography, breast MRI, cardiac catheterization lab, wound center and DEXA scanning.
- 142 bed facility
- Awarded with 100 Top Hospital by IBM Watson Health for the 10th time in 2019.
- In 2020, Sycamore received an “A” from the Leapfrog Group, a national patient safety watchdog, ranking among the safest hospitals in the United States.
- Accredited by the American College of Emergency Physicians as a Level 3 Geriatric Emergency Department.
- Sycamore received several awards from Healthgrades:
- Outstanding Patient Experience Award (2017-2019)
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Prostate Surgery Award (2020)
- Joint Replacement Excellence Award (2020)
- The Nursing Assistant serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- The NA collaborates with unit leadership in coordinating the day to day activities of the patient care unit. This includes the processing of patient records and ongoing communication with nursing staff, physicians and interdepartmental personnel.
- The NA serves as a resource for physicians and other members of the health care team for the electronic medical record.
- The NA performs nursing care skills that have been delegated by the licensed nurse. She/he plays an integral role in the patient care experience and both directly and indirectly impacts the perception of care.
Applicants Must Have:
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of Health Coordinator training.
- Successful completion of Nursing Assistant Orientation and/or an abbreviated Nursing Assistant orientation for student nurses
- Six months experience as a nursing assistant in a hospital or a long-term care facility.
- Student Nurses who have successfully completed their first clinical experience with documentation of skills from clinical faculty are exempt from this requirement
Would Prefer Applicants Have:
- Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Appropriate telephone etiquette
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills
- Customer service skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize and function in a high stress environment
- Certification in CPR/BLS