|Title||Nursing Asst &Patient Flow Asst Float|
|Employment Type||Part Time (Regular)|
|Hours Per Pay Period||48|
|Shift Length||12 Hours|
|Mandatory Call Requirement||Occasional Call|
|Mandatory Wknd Requirement||Every 3rd Weekend|
|Description||The Nursing Assistant and Patient Flow Assistant shares both Nursing Assistant and Patient Flow Assistant job responsibilities.|
Nursing Assistant: Responsible for assisting the care team by providing supportive, comforting and compassionate care to customers and families. Receives direction and collaborates with the care team to meet identified goals of the customer, shift, care center, and hospital. Regularly communicates with care team related to progress, concerns, questions, or issues that arise.
Patient Flow Assistant: Provides continuous care support to all individuals involved for each customer by performing reception and clerical activities and maintaining care center workflow for team member, physicians, customers, and families. Participates in the execution of Customer Safety Goals by ensuring Customer privacy and accuracy of customer identification, improving effectiveness of communication among care providers, and responding to customer alarms by alerting appropriate team member.
Duties may vary based on assignment of customer care units including but not limited to differences in clinical skilled required of the Nursing Assistant, variations in workflow and customer record management. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Monitors customer experience of care and safety through observation and collection of data.
2. Provides supportive, comforting and compassionate care to customers and families.
3. Communicates customer concerns and authorizations related to nursing interventions to assigned RN or Patient Care Facilitator.
4. Collaborates in the planning of customer care.
5. Performs treatments and procedures as required by customer care plan and within the defined scope of practice.
6. Collaborates with customers, families and licensed care providers to encourage customer and family participation in developing care plan.
7. Facilitates and provides continuity of customer care by partnering with assigned physician, RN, customers, and other care providers.
8. Identifies and responds promptly and effectively to emergent situations.
9. Serves as an advocate for customers, families, peers, and other care providers.
10. Evaluates quality and effectiveness of care provided to the customer and promotes quality improvement and shared accountability.
11. Contributes to the financial effectiveness of the hospital by working within defined budget parameters, following cost containment guidelines and providing feedback with regard to the budget process.
12. Recognizes and complies with legal and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
13. Protects customer/team member privacy and only accesses customer/team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
14. Reports areas of concern or potential violations to supervisor or other members of hospital leadership via established methods of communication.
In addition to Nursing Assistant responsibilities, this position is also accountable for responsibilities as a;
Patient Flow Assistant:
1. Facilitates the workflow of customer care by prioritizing work.
2. Coordinates communication to effectively support internal and external customers in the delivery of customer care.
3. Communicates pertinent information to the appropriate care team members.
4. Notifies physician, Patient Care Facilitator, RN or other care team member of STAT/now procedures and orders.
5. Maintains customer records by managing order transcription, filing information, ensuring customer identification on all forms, and thinning charts as needed.
6. Maintains and orders unit supplies.
Other Duties and Responsibilities in Family Birth Center Department
•Conducts intake interviews to accurately register customers for admission within the hospital system.
•Ensures customers are correctly identified and all appropriate information is recorded by obtaining and verifying customer identification, demographic and insurance information.
•Assists with customer care by greeting and escorting/transporting customers from triage /labor room
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer
High school diploma or equivalent. (Per CAP requirements; copies of diplomas/transcripts and certifications required on or before first day of hire).
Must have one of the following:
•Successful completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant program from an accredited school or program, or equivalent certification, per care center area;
•Successful completion of a state administered certification exam for nursing assistants, and/or
•Completion of one (1) semester of clinical rotation within an accredited nursing program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
•1+ years’ nursing assistant experience in a clinic, hospital or nursing home setting preferred.
•1+ years’ health unit coordinator, scheduling or registration experience in a hospital, clinic, or physician’s office preferred.
•Able to be anticipatory to the needs of the customer; to take initiative, be self-motivated and a proactive, independent, accountable, dependable performer.
•Demonstrated ability to positively interact with customers, families, guests, and all levels of team members.
•Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, electronic medical record, etc.
•Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
•Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form) clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
•Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
•Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
•Knowledge of nursing theory and practice and primary care principles and practices.
•Ability to interpret cardiac telemetry rhythms and manage the electronic monitoring system.
|License Requirement||License Requirements:|
• Current BLS required.
|Send This Job to a Friend|