Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About HCA Healthcare
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
The Clinical Services Group (CSG) is a multi-disciplinary team of physicians, nurses, clinicians, technicians and analysts who represent all dimensions of a learning healthcare system. CSG works in support of HCA Healthcare Divisions and Facilities to promote clinically-excellent, patient-centered care. We foster collaborative and innovative practices to resolve complex clinical issues. As the healthcare landscape continues to change, CSG will remain at the forefront of developing new strategies, tools and tactics to fulfill HCA Healthcare’s mission.
The Nursing Leadership and Operations Manager is responsible for designing, managing, partnering and continuously improving systems that enable nursing operational excellence. The manager supports the development of nurse leaders across the enterprise by facilitating programs that build strong leadership skills and robust pipelines. This individual provides subject matter expertise for driving efficient nursing operations with key business partners (HR, L&OD, PI, and Clinical Services Lines). In addition to being highly organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented, this candidate must possess the strong business judgment and interpersonal skills needed to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Design, implement, and manage strategic approach to effectively cascade tools and standards throughout all levels of the enterprise to support effective execution
• Design, implement, and manage a process to enable nursing engagement, operations and visibility of career progression across key forums
• Plan, coordinate, and/or facilitate effective key meetings for nursing development and operations, prioritizes key initiatives, and organizes action plans.
• Develop and operationalize a systematic approach to manage critical actions and decisions across key forums to enable optimal execution and accountability, making it easy for key partners to participate
• Subject matter expert on nursing career development and leadership support
• Document current state processes and systems in relation to benchmarks and/or best practices to identify gaps and/or opportunities for improvement
• Develops nursing action items, presentation, and electronic resources in response to identified risks and opportunities for supporting retention and engagement efforts for nursing leaders
• Delivers and supports the design of exercises and didactic materials
• Incorporates strategies to support the patient experience agenda throughout work efforts
• Performs other duties as directed by management in support goals and objectives
• EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in nursing with manager and/or educator experience strongly preferred.
• EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in nursing management and/or similar role(s)
• Travel approximately 10-20%
• PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
o Ability to drive execution toward desired results
o Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills
o Ability to proactively prioritize projects and/or initiatives with keen ability to multi-task
o Effective educator
o High degree of flexibility required
o Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
o Ability to work and participate in a team environment within and across department
o Ability to deliver high quality work as an individual contributor and team member
• TECHNOLOGIES & TOOLS:
o Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and other MS program expertise is desirable
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.