Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
The Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit provides the highest level of care to adults facing a variety of mental health diagnoses. We have a multi-disciplinary team that consists of Psychiatrists, Registered Nurses, Nurse Technicians, Occupational Therapists and Social Workers. This 32 bed unit is equipped with the highest levels of technology including EPIC electronic medical records, a sensory room, and ‘psych safe’ building features to provide optimal safety for our patients and staff. Our staff works in collaborative environments with strong interdisciplinary teams in a patient centered care model in a richly diverse work space. As a brand new, state of the art unit, we specialize in the stabilization of acute psychiatric distress, working with the community around us to establish an effective and safe service line for our behavioral health patients.
Working under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse, a Nursing Technician performs delegated aspects of patient care on an assigned unit, which may include:
- Collecting, reporting and recording patient data.
- Assisting patients with activities of daily living.
- Implementing selected aspects of the patient care plan according to hospital policy and procedure.
- Ensuring a safe and therapeutic environment for the patient and/or their family members.
- Maintaining unit equipment and supplies as directed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Nursing Students are encouraged to apply.
- 2 years of Nursing Technician/Assistant experience required or CNA or clinical experience in school.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be available to orient full time on the day shift for at least two weeks.
- Previous hospital experience is strongly preferred.
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, Hospital of Central Connecticut provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package consisting of:
Medical and dental benefits
401(k) plan with employer match
Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire, including six paid holidays
Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.