Seeking Nutraceutical Sales professional o significantly increase sales for our new 52,000 Production and R&D facility.
Industry: Nutraceutical & Specialty Ingredients Manufacturer/Distributor
Job Location: 2 Corporate Drive, Shelton, Connecticut
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Product Manager / Business Developer needs to be a self-starter and will devote the majority of their time at developing new business at existing and prospective accounts while establishing good, quality, reliable sources for nutraceutical ingredients that go in to nutritional, pharmaceutical and health and personal care sectors in North America. Types of products we sell are considered as specialty ingredients and custom manufactured products. This position will require the candidate to be able to:
- Must possess strong relationships with customers and suppliers in the nutraceutical industry and proven track record of growing sales and net profit margins year-over-year.
- Grow the business by developing new reputable customers/suppliers, and identifying new growth opportunities with existing customers.
- Source and qualify nutraceutical ingredients from reputable/trustworthy suppliers, and develop strong supplier relationships in conjunction with our purchasing agent located in Shanghai.
- Negotiate prices and terms with both suppliers and customers and close profitable deals.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with other members of the team.
- Develop technical product knowledge; Conduct Market Analysis, establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, supply and demand.
- Manage inventory levels to support business.
- Participate in the design and implementation of strategies to improve sales results.
- Prepare an annual sales budget, monitor product sales, achieve financial objectives and explain variances
- Provide written reports on sales and development activities as requested.
- Communicate with accounting on proper posting of receivables, assist on collection of receivables as needed.
- Knowledgeable about import practices and inco-terms.
- Participate in Nutraceutical and Chemical Industry Trade shows.
- Time allocation: 75% new business development / 25% account maintenance.
Bachelor’s degree in International Trade, Sales and Marketing, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field and minimum 8 years of commercial/technical sales experience in a chemicals manufacturing/distribution or trading company. Must be organized, opportunistic, and able to work both independently and as part of a team. This job requires someone who is self-motivated, ambitious, highly determined and not easily deterred. The person should possess initiative and an “entrepreneurial” spirit. The person should have great interpersonal and communication skills. This position reports into our Shelton, CT office and requires minimum 40% travel – tradeshows, overnight, domestic and international.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS: CellMark offers competitive compensation based on experience and highly desirable benefits package. Growth opportunities in income and responsibilities, operation is growing organically and via acquisition which creates new opportunities for existing employees.
Qualified candidates, please submit resume and salary requirements to:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.