As a patient-focused organization, University of Utah Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. EO/AA
This position responds to and resolves staff and visitor meal requests made to order in a cafeteria and/or catering type setting. The position involves good communication skills, listening to customer's orders, preparing food to the requested order, taking and giving monies, cleaning and stocking of work stations. This position is not responsible for providing direct patient care.
Corporate Overview: The University of Utah is a Level 1 Trauma Center and is nationally ranked and recognized for our academic research, quality standards and overall patient experience. Our four hospitals and seventeen clinics provide excellence in our comprehensive services, medical advancement, and overall patient outcomes.
- Submit a full application process online at employment.utah.edu
- Upload most recent up dated resume with verifiable work history and experience.
- Review Job Location, Schedule Hours and Qualifications to be consider for this job.
- If your phone number or email changes make sure to update it in your original application.
- If selected, We will do a phone screen and consider you for a formal interview.
- Provides exceptional customer service in all interactions including responding to customer questions, concerns, and assisting in resolving customer complaints.
- Provides quality food service to cafeteria, deli, and espresso bar customers and guarantees food is prepared and served as ordered by the customer.
- Ensures the listed menu items, stock items, beverages, are complete and on time as per NCS standards.
- Prepares meals at grill, pizza station, deli station, salad bar, hot entree bar, beverage cooler and fountain to the customer's request.
- Documents forms to record waste, items received, and stations cleaned.
- Restocks area as needed throughout the shift and at the end of shift.
- Maintains proper food safety measures and cleans work area continually to maintain proper sanitation.
- Practices appropriate cash handling procedures.
- May provide guest service during events and banquet services, including: buffets, plated, carving stations, running food and replenishing product and supplies in accordance with event standards.
- May facilitate the proper setup and execution of events by pulling, transporting, setting up and breaking down, and returning equipment to designated storages, in accordance to event standards and instructions.
- May perform side work to provide a clean and safe work environment in catering areas.
- May be responsible for cleaning, organizing, and restocking product/equipment returning from catering events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above.
- Demonstrated basic math and computer skills.
- Demonstrated communication and human relations skills.
- Ability to appropriately handle issues associated with the operation of the assigned area including customer service, cash handling, and stocking of supplies, with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to perform and/or coordinate the activities of others to ensure proper functioning when operating under conditions of staff shortages.
- Ability to manage special requests made by customers and determine when to refer questions to department supervisors.
- Ability to comply with departmental policies regarding attendance.
- Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Six months of food service, customer service, or equivalency.
- Current food service worker's permit within one month of hire.
- One of the following
- Current Food Protection Manager certification, accredited by ANSI.
- Current Utah Food Handler Permit.
* Additional license requirements as determined by the hiring department.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This position involves intermediate working conditions in a high volume healthcare setting that may exert up to 50 pounds and constantly require lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving carts or displays to restock.
- This person may be subject to chemical and equipment hazards and is standing and walking for a sustained periods of time.
- Incumbents may be also face exposure to potentially dangerous cleaning chemicals used for sanitation, as well as equipment and supply hazards such as wet or hot work surfaces and sharp edges on food wrap containers or open cans, meat slicers, and food processors.
- Incumbents are frequently required to talk or hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and taste or smell.
- We are University of Utah Health. healthcare.utah.edu
Carrying, Climbing, Color Determination, Crawling, Far Vision, Lifting, Listening, Manual Dexterity, Near Vision, Non Indicated, Pulling and/or Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Stooping and Crouching, Tasting or Smelling, Walking