Nutrition Health Educator
Are you passionate about improving the health outcomes for individuals living with HIV/AIDS (PLWH/A)? As aNutrition Health Educatoryou will conduct a variety of nutritional health education activities to enable PLWH/A to achieve and maintain their health and adhere to treatment regimens.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for compassionate and engaging individuals with a foundation in nutritional health, with two years' experience working in the fields of nutritional education and HIV/AIDS. Bring your excellent communication skills and experience in group facilitation and education. This position requires commitment, self-motivation, documentation and time management. Successful candidates will be able to build trusting, professional relationships with clients, co-workers and external service providers.
- Conduct nutrition education through individual and group services and special events.
- Develop nutrition education plans incorporating goals and objectives, incorporating HIV specific health and nutrition topics.
- Conducts outreach and targeted program promotion activities.
- B.A. or B.S. in Nutrition or related field, Master's preferred.
- Two years' experience providing health education and working in the field of HIV/AIDS or chronic illness.
- Must have a valid, unrestricted driver’s license and have a vehicle to travel to designated appointment sites within a multi-county region. Position requires occasional driving of the agency's nutrition van.
- Ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds within a climate of mutual respect, inclusion, enrichment, and growth.
- Non-exempt;full-time 37.5 hours per week. Position starts at $18.30/hour for minimum qualifications; with generous benefits & time off.