Nutrition Services/Nutrition Services Assistant
Oak Creek Elementary
180 work day calendar - Location is at Oak Creek Elementary School
Starting: $12.13/hr (depending on experience)
- Responsible for preparing nutritious meals for students and staff in a safe and sanitary kitchen.
- Maintain excellent customer relations with students, staff and parents.
- Develop and maintain positive, friendly, courteous, and professional relationships with co-workers, students, staff, parents and patrons.
- Under the supervision of the Kitchen Manager, assist in preparing food for the National School Lunch Program through the preparation and serving of food on the serving line. Stock and price inventory in milk and drink coolers and other storage areas and properly store extra food.
- Stock and set up serving line and all necessary equipment needed to serve meals.
- Sanitize all dishes, equipment, floors, tables, sinks, etc., following completion of daily school meal service. Wash tables in commons area following each meal to
ensure sanitary eating areas.
- Remove all trash and waste.
- Utilizing computers for point of sale and district communication.
- Complete all food service tasks as directed by Kitchen Manager.
- Complete opening and closing kitchen preparations including cleaning, storage, and stocking of inventory.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Operating knowledge of oven, steamer, mixer, slicer, dishwasher and computer preferred at time of hire.
- 0-2 years food service experience preferred.
- Requires knowledge to choose and follow recipes, and cook, portion and serve quality food.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Criminal background checks and District fingerprinting required.
- Successful completion of Basic Food Safety Class, through El Paso County Health Department, must be acquired within six months of hire and renewed upon expiration.
Must apply online at www.hsd2.org and set up application file. Once you have completed your file, you must apply for each vacancy from the website that is of interest to you to be considered a candidate.