Roanoke County Public Schools is accepting applications for a Nutrition Tradesman position in the Nutrition Services Department. This position is full-time with benefits, 8 hrs/day for 260 day contract. Position is on the RCPS pay scale on Grade 9.
Position Description/Job Summary:
The Nutrition Tradesman will be responsible for upkeep, repairing and installing food service equipment and warehouse management of program food and supplies. This position will report to the Nutrition Supervisor.
- Inventory management of food, paper supplies, small wares and equipment.
- Receiving and distribution for warehouse orders of food and supplies.
- Repair and install food service equipment.
- Assist in other task such as: delivery of equipment and supplies, plumbing and electrical repairs in kitchens.
- Ability to work with procurement, and the removal process of outdated equipment
- Installs, maintains and monitors new equipment projects.
- Instructs Cafeteria Managers and Staff on proper and safe operation of food service equipment.
- Manages a preventive maintenance schedule for all kitchen equipment.
- Maintains storage warehouse and service truck with material necessary to keep kitchens operating properly.
- On-Call 24/7 for emergency needs. (fire, broken water lines, freezers and refrigerators down, power outages, etc.).
- Willingness to cooperate with and assist maintenance department personnel as needed for kitchen repairs.
- Performs other duties which are deemed necessary for the efficient operation of the program
- Through knowledge of Va. State Building Codes for HVAC, plumbing and Gas Fitters trades.
- Knowledge of proper safety requirements for installing food service equipment.
- Knowledge of National Sanitation Guidelines for Public Health and Safety.
- Ability to prioritize and complete work request in a timely manner. Highly self- motivated.
- Ability to keep inventory of all equipment and maintain maintenance records and prepare reports.
- Ability to read structure blueprints and equipment wiring diagrams.
- Practices confidentiality at all times
- Maintains an attitude of mutual respect and courtesy
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing
- Reacts positively to constructive criticism and suggestions
- Works independently or collaboratively with others in a wide variety of circumstances
- Establishes professional relationships and communicates effectively
- Demonstrates good safety habits and response to emergency situations
- Exercises sound judgment in decision making
- Organizes conflicting work priorities while coordinating multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrates teamwork, flexibility, and ability to adapt to new ideas and situations
- Performs multiple, highly complex technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions
- Possesses computer skills with knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Demonstrate appropriate dress, proper hygiene and personal appearance
Education and Experience:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to completion of High School or GED.
- Extensive experience in refrigeration and plumbing and graduate of a two-year technical school in both fields.
- GFC Refrigerant certification type 1 and 2 preferred.
- Master HVAC and Master Plumber preferred.
- Experience in electrical/electronic control systems.
- Experience in installing and servicing food service equipment.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must have the ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to perform all aspects related to food preparation and equipment use. Ability to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels; physical agility to lift/carry up to 60 pounds; to bend, to stoop, to climb stairs, to walk, to reach overhead, and to use repetitive motion in the same position for extended periods of time. Must have the ability to wear protective attire in the food service operation. Ability to work in kitchens that exhibit moist and hot environments. Must have the ability to drive a vehicle. Willingness to obtain a CDL.
This position will remain open until filled.