Careers at DHEC: Work that makes a difference!
Pursuing Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork, and Embracing Service
1. Provide WIC certifications including health history, anthropometrics, immunization screening, hemoglobin or hematocrit testing, evaluation of risk status, prescription of WIC food package, documentation, and high-risk referrals following program standards and protocols. Provide and document individual nutrition education counseling and follow-up for participants with low risk medical conditions.
2. Plan, conduct, and evaluate group nutrition education classes using the facilitated learning and the tele-nutrition process in accordance with WIC guidelines and agency policies. Document all nutrition education contacts according to WIC policies and procedures. Perform hemoglobin controls as needed. Document in Management Information System. Follow established guidelines for customer services and cultural competency to include annual review of WIC Civil Rights and Customer Services.
3. Provide assistance to families with infants on contract and List I formulas including education, dispensing, and monitoring as assigned. Refer participants on List II and metabolic formulas to the Registered Dietitian according to WIC guidelines.
4. Provide breastfeeding promotion and support to pregnant and breastfeeding women. Screen and refer pregnant and breastfeeding women and infants to the Breastfeeding Coordinator according the Referral Guidelines. Issue and monitor breast pumps and breastfeeding supplies. Provide consultation and technical assistance to other members of the multi-disciplinary health care team and community in areas related to normal nutrition, including health promotion and disease prevention. Participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary WIC team in clinic/class scheduling, caseload monitoring, and outreach. Work with other program staff and disciplines to enhance integration and quality of service.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Location: Aiken County, South Carolina
Agency: DHEC-PH Region-Midlands