Freight Forwarder seeking at least 3 years import ocean/air operation and SALES organized, detail oriented, multi -task,bilingual English/Mandarin.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop skills in data entry of transportation data from a regulatory and tracking perspective
- Insures regulatory requirements and proper documentation, including transit documents and customs clearances, exists for shipments. Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to carrier, forwarders, customers and agents in a timely manner.
- Prepare all necessary data entry and confirmation of key milestones (departure, arrival, customs clearance, PODs, etc.) as specified by Customer Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain courteous, prompt and efficient customer relations.
- Oversee and complete accurate billing to clients based on pricing established with the clients while ensuring accurate costs and profits are maintained.
- Oversee the pick-up and transfer of shipments with appropriate partners.
- Establish and maintain all necessary procedures to assure a clean, properly organized, safe and healthy environment for all personnel.
- Establish knowledge of Inco terms and commercial invoice requirements.
- Develops methods and procedures for transportation of commodities for designated shippers from local or offshore locations to warehouses, other storage facilities or final consignee locations.
- Prepare timely management information and reports as specified and requested by Managing Director.
- Negotiate shipping rates and submit to Branch Manager for approval when necessary to be competitive.
- Development and maintain successful relationships with local vendors (e.g. Airline representatives, freight forwarders, custom brokers, local pickup and delivery companies, regional trucking companies, line haul providers) as well as other co-load carriers
- 3 years forwarder operational experience in international transportation preferably with an international logistics provider.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience in PC and Mainframe, spreadsheets and databases (Excel and Word) applications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Experience: Skills And Marketing background with related experience in Freight Forwarding or equivalent combination of education and experience