Base empowers the best rabbinic leadership in America to build a new type of pluralistic, communal rabbinate from within their homes and neighborhoods. We envision a world in which Jews of all backgrounds and affiliations can proudly answer the question, “Why be Jewish?;” Jews feel regenerated by Judaism’s opportunities for supportive community, deep inquiry, and social action; and Jews are connected to and inspired by their diverse extended family, the Jewish people. Base’s mission is to ignite local networks of young people who celebrate, learn, and serve together.
Since July 2015 the Base team has hired, trained, and mentored nine Base couples to begin new student and young adult communities in ten locations across the United States and in Berlin, Germany, with numerous more sites in development. As Base continues to grow, it is looking to hire an Director of Development and Strategic Operations, working in partnership with the National Director, to serve as the lead fundraiser for the NYC-based Bases, as well as to codify its operating model and be part of the strategic visioning for the future of Base.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as lead fundraiser for NYC Bases in Manhattan and Brooklyn, which includes:
- Create monthly metrics/evidence of success towards annual fundraising goal.
- Oversee the entire back-end development operation, including systems of recording and responding to donations, as well as accurate, timely and efficient fiscal management and reporting in partnership with Hillel International.
- Implement a meaningful donor stewardship strategy that Improves and increases the number of donors.
- Develop and execute annual fundraising campaigns and events calendar that can be implemented year to year.
- Enhance Base fundraising branding, communication mediums, and technology platforms.
- Partner with National Director to manage and steward Institutional Partnerships
- Provide support to all local Base affiliate teams, which includes:
What You’ll Bring
- BA required, as is 6-8 years of professional experience, Masters is preferred.
- Experience juggling multiple projects and priorities in a complex environment
What you’ll get out of it:
- An exciting job with room to create and grow yourself, too.
- A reflective and creative learning environment focused on what’s going well, what can be learned and adjusting for future effectiveness.
- Amazing, smart, dedicated, fun colleagues on Hillel International's Office of Innovation and Base teams, and across the Hillel movement.
- Flexible work hours and location.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, Flexible Spending Plan.
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The salary for this role is $85,000-100,000.
- Lots of professional development and skill building opportunities.
Base is the home of a rabbinic family which serves as a home “base,” a home away from home, and a grounding point for Jewish young adults. While each Base reflects the unique personality of the rabbinic couple who lives there and embodies their vision for a vibrant Jewish community, every Base is grounded in our three fundamental values: hospitality, learning, and service. Learn more about Base at www.basehillel.org .
About Hillel’s Office of Innovation:
Hillel International’s Office of Innovation (OOI) is a think and do tank for the Hillel movement and the Jewish people. Modeled after successful research and innovation labs, known affectionately as “skunkworks,” OOI is a group of thinkers, educators, entrepreneurs, and rabbis tasked with developing, testing, and scaling innovative approaches to serve young Jews in the Hillel movement and beyond. OOI creates new ways to foster social networks, mentors, rituals, and learning experiences among Jewish students and their friends that are the foundation of a vibrant Jewish life.